Hacking can be defined as “unauthorized access”. But it doesn’t always mean that we will get access to our target or the system.
Let’s understand it using a simple example of “Life Hack“. Lifehack word is very famous among youtube for small tricks for daily lifestyle. If we see the Hindi meaning of “life hack” it will be jugaad.
Jugaad is a very famous Hindi word in India which stand for making something for which it was never made to do. So, Basically, a system was never built to give unauthorized access, but somehow an attacker did that, and it is not necessary to get access to a system while performing hacking on the system.
Hacking can be performed as an individual as well as in a group.
There are following types of hackers: –
- White Hat Hackers: – White hat hackers are certified security professionals who are certified from various authorities. Certified hackers are working on corporate projects and handling clients with signing a non–disclosure agreement (NDA), also known as a confidentiality agreement (CA), confidential disclosure agreement (CDA) first and they will take permission for the specific scope and conduct Vulnerability Assessment & Penetration testing for the same.
- Black Hat Hackers: – Black hat hackers are skilled hackers who are using their skills for personal benefits like stealing money from the accounts, for fun, for getting famous in the world, etc.
- Grey Hat hackers: — Grey hat hackers are certified professionals who are working for some company for the legal assessments meanwhile they are also using their skills for black hat purpose. These guys are one of the most dangerous people in the world.
- Script kiddies: – Script kiddies are entry-level hackers who are dependent on tools and techniques.
- Suicide hackers: – A suicide hacker is a hacker who hacks for the sake of destruction. Much like a suicide bomber, they are driven by bad intentions in the majority of the cases. They are aware that they will cause harm and potentially will harm themselves as well.
Type of Cybersecurity Teams: —
- Assessment Team: – this a core team who handle cybersecurity assessments for the various projects including mobile apps, web applications, networks, servers, VLAN, VPN, firewalls, IDS, IPS, etc.
- Auditing Team: – this team reviews the cybersecurity policies of an organization with following various standards Like ISO 27000, PCI-DSS, HL7, HIPAA, etc as per the specific requirement.
- Red Team: – These are one of the most skilled people who handle the War zone assessments, Spear Phishing. Basically, the Red Team relied on its own expertise to explore any possible way to plan and carry out an attack – thus trying to espouse the standpoint, the attitude of potential assailants.
- Blue Team : –